Saturday, February 11, 2012

What can you do with PhP 1000? (Health-and-Beauty-wise)


Hi! So it's been a week since I came back from my 2-month holiday in the Philippines. I still couldn't get over the fact that I got awesome treats back there for less than 1000 bucks. Can you imagine that? What can you possibly do with $25, health-and-beauty-wise, here in Australia? Probably get 2 bottles of makep remover or get a plain haircut, and if you're a highschool student, you could treat yourself with a basic manicure. Well, you couldn't really get a lot with that amount of money. Although the Philippines' currency value have decreased in comparison to the years when I was still living there, I still got impressed with what I could do with a PhP1000.00 bill. Yes, just a thousand bucks at SM Fairview.

*..*..*..*..*..*..*..*My SM Fairview: List of cheap-thrills!*..*..*..*..*..*..*..*

1. Get a Swedish whole body massage at Massage King (PhP 350.00)

- This is the last thing that I did before I flew-out back to Sydney and I'd say that I loved it. At such a cheap price, you could get a very pampering 60-minute Swedish (With oil) massage. The ambiance is dark and a bit cold, but the masseuse is very skilled. I got the R&R that I needed as my back and shoulders were already aching weeks before I got the massage!

2. Get a manicure and pedicure at Posh Nails (PhP 450.00)


- This was my self-treat every 2 weeks when I was in the Philippines. I didn't need to worry about cleaning my nails for myself because it was so affordable to get it done nicely at Posh Nails. I loved the interior design of the whole place. From the pink wall paint to the girly cushions all over the place, definitely 100% posh! For nail colours, you can choose from OPI, China Glaze, and Orly. They put a base coat and top coat, so you can be rest assured that your nail colour will stay on for weeks.

3. Have an eyebrow threading at Lay Bare (PhP 120.00)

- Oh, the joys of cheap thrills! I got my eyebrows tamed and shaped  for just a hundred something bucks every 2 weeks. Don't you just love that!

4. Drink fresh Coconut juice (Php 30.00)

- Drinking Coconut juice is essential for clean your body's excretory and digestive systems. Not only does it do wonders for your body, but it is also very delicious and refreshing. Just a thought: Clean body = Clear skin (Clean and Clear? lols)

5. Purchase an Essential Oil and Oil burner (Php 50.00)

- Might not be necessary but I find it nice and relaxing when my room smells like a spa. My best friend gave me a burner and an essential oil but I decided to buy a different scent. I recommend the Bamboo essence and the Peppermint as well!


 Indeed, I had fun during my holidays! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment