Saturday, January 21, 2012

BB Cream

Okay, to start off with the New Year, I will be talking about BB creams specifically the ones that I have already used and have been currently using. I’ll also be giving a brief introduction about its purpose and its characteristics.

…………………~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~…………………..

Ever wondered how Korean actors and actresses seem to always have flawless and dewy skin every time we see them on TV? Well, it seems that you are not informed about the rave on BB creams in Korea that have spread to Asia and to the whole world. (Not that I’m saying that they don’t have natural flawless skin, ‘cause they actually have flawless skin!)

BB cream (in short for Blemish Balm) is a formula that has properties that can moisturise, hydrate, brighten, even-out skin tones, provide SPF, and give a healthy and natural look. I prefer using BB cream compared to foundation because I save so much time in application, and I don’t look too cakey with it. It’s sheer and lighter than any foundation, that’s why it’s okay for everyday use as it does not dry out the skin unlike thick makeup (just make sure that you remove it completely before you go to bed!)

Characteristics at first sight:
-          - Have gray undertones
-          - Lighter feel
-          - Semi-matte, good coverage

…………………~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~…………………..

Bio-essence Perfect BB Cream flawless radiant nude makeup
 
The first BB cream that I have ever used was the Bio-essence Perfect BB Cream flawless radiant nude makeup (The blue packaging). 

I bought it in Guangzhou at a Watson’s store. I didn’t really have any idea about BB creams before but when I tried it out back at GZ, I immediately fell inlove with the applied look. My skin tone was evened out and my skin became sparkly. (LOL). So I purchased it right away. 

Until I bought another BB cream from a different brand, I didn’t realise that the Bio-essence one was a tad thicker and dry than the others. During winter when my skin was dry, I have used the Bio-essence BB cream and my skin showed up cracks especially when I topped a thin cover of loose powder on it. Doomed!
 



evenly spread out..........

Thick?
…………………~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~…………………..

 Missha M signature real complete BB cream SPF25 PA++ (No. 23 Natural yellow beige)

The second BB cream was Missha’s M signature real complete BB cream SPF25 PA++ (No. 23 Natural yellow beige). This was introduced to me by a good friend.

Pros:
-          - Very nice packaging!
-          - Meant for combination - oily skin type
-          - The coverage was good enough and sheer
-          - The bottle lasted for good 5 months
-          - Doesn’t have any strong scent
-          - Doesn’t break me out!!
-          - Has SPF

Cons:
-          - A bit pricey
photo courtesy of Missha Australia



pink-grayish undertones

……………...…~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~…………………..

TonyMoly expert 3D collagen BB creamSPF40 PA+++

The third that I have tried (The last one that I’ll be talking about for now) is the TonyMoly expert 3D collagen BB creamSPF40 PA+++. This BB cream formulation has a lighter shade than the missha and the bioessence bb creams that I have tried. When purchasing bb creams, the shade must be atleast a tone or two tones higher than your skin colour. I suggest that when using a lighter shade, application must be done when the skin is still moist (from shower or washing the face before application) as it is easier to blend the cream to the skin in that way. This one is much better than the other two that I have used because it has a higher SPF coverage and it lasts longer on the skin.

shake well before using
dab dab dab... evenly spread out!

…………………~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~…………………..

Found some quotes that I think is related to the topic:

“The most beautiful makeup of a woman is passion. But cosmetics are easier to buy.”
― Yves Saint-Laurent

“Make-up can only make you look pretty on the outside but it doesn't help if your ugly on the inside. Unless you eat the make-up.”
― Audrey Hepburn



XOXO
Stay pretty,
Pascaley



No comments:

Post a Comment